NOURISH CAFÉ OPENS AS JOB TRAINING SITE FOR PATIENTS
Nourish Café, located inside Neighborhood Health Association’s new Nexus Health Care Facility at 1415 Jefferson Ave., officially opens to the public today. The café’s primary mission is to serve as a job and skill training site for NHA patients looking to keep steady employment. Nourish Café, with assistance from community partners, will offer onsite training for patients to learn customer service skills, basic cashier and budgeting tasks, meal preparation and cooking tips, and cleaning duties. By the end of the training session, participants should be equipped to hold most entry-level positions; have a clear understanding of workplace etiquette; and financially care for themselves and their families.
Additionally, the café is open to patients, employees and the general public and features a comfortable, inviting space for community members to nourish their bodies and minds. Nourish Café amenities include:
- Job training for individuals to learn basic customer service, cashiering and budgeting, cooking, and cleaning skills.
- Budget-friendly breakfast and lunch items served from 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Fair Trade coffee from Maumee-based Georgettes Grounds & Gifts.
- A cooking and learning station for chef demonstrations.
- Calorie counting cards for people keeping track of their caloric intake.
- Punch cards and rewards for repeat customers.
- Feedback cards to offer recommendations for future service.
- Free wifi service.
- Comfortable coffee shop/café environment and seating.
- Ample parking in the Nexus parking lot on 14th Street, across the street from the facility.
For the month of February, we invite men and women in uniform (police, fire department, etc.) to enjoy a cup of complimentary coffee. Other questions, including how to schedule tours of the Nexus Health Care facility, can be addressed by calling 419-720-7883.
Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I have truly
loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your rss feed and
I’m hoping you write again soon!
Leave a comment