NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
Services offered at South Side Community Health Center
- Adult primary care
- Laboratory services at Cordelia Martin
- HIV testing and counseling
- Immunizations (tetanus)
- Flu shots
- Free blood sugar checks
- Diabetes education classes and management
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free pregnancy tests
- Family planning
- Mental Health
- Sports physicals
- Employment physicals
- 24-hour nurse triage
- Prescription assistance and referral assistance through our social services department
- Pharmacy at Nexus Health Care (for NHA patients only)
- Over-the-counter medications at Nexus Health Care
- Specialty Care (Podiatry) at Cordelia Martin and Nexus Health Care, (Cardiology) at Nexus Health Care
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program
The South Side Community Health Center merged with Neighborhood Health Association in 1996, creating the largest community health center system in northwest Ohio. Along with her sister site River East Community Health Center, South Side was part of the original Guadalupe Family Health Center mission to serve Latinos in east and south Toledo.
Services are provided by a professional staff of doctors and nurses and medical assistants. The health center is open five days a week.
All services are available to all NHA patients regardless of where they receive their care. No one is turned away from care, regardless of their ability to pay.
South Side Community Health Center Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
First Monday in May through the last Friday in August
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Parking is available on site.
Patients who are seen by NHA providers can have labs done at NHA. Any patient of NHA who has a lab order from an outside health system may have services done at NHA. Onsite lab services are located at most of the clinic locations. Lab hours are the same as clinic hours.
After Hours Nurse Triage: 419.255.7883
*If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911 immediately.