NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
Services offered at Cordelia Martin Health Center
- Adult primary care
- Laboratory services
- HIV testing and counseling
- Immunizations (tetanus)
- Flu shots
- Free blood sugar checks
- Diabetes education classes and management
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free pregnancy tests
- Family planning
- Sports physicals
- Employment physicals
- 24-hour nurse triage
- Prescription assistance and referral assistance through our social services department
- Pharmacy (for NHA patients only)
- Over-the-counter medications (for NHA patients only)
- General surgery
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program
The Cordelia Martin Community Health Center was founded in 1969 by a group of community residents, led by Mrs. Cordelia Martin. Their goal was to provide healthcare access to inner-city residents who did not have the means to pay for their healthcare, who held jobs for little pay, and who supported families as best as they could.
At Neighborhood Health Association, we strongly believe that choosing to manage one’s healthcare is choosing to actively control one’s life. It is our hope that our services nurture the spirit that empowers people to take such control.