NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
Onsite parking is available for seniors to drive to the center for activities. Seniors who may need transportation are encouraged to call the center and seek assistance. The center does provide some transportation services. You may reach the center at 419.242.1144 to learn more.
Services offered at the Mayores Center
- Senior nutrition program (lunch provided daily)
- Arts and crafts
- Transportation to the center (for shopping and social activities)
- Bus trips
- Casino trips
- Recreational activities (pool table, cards)
- Educational workshops
- Special events
- Holiday parties (Christmas, Easter, Cinco de Mayo)
- Movies (onsite and at theaters)
- Support services
- Farmers market coupons for fresh produce in the summer
- Periodic free health screenings (blood pressure and blood sugar checks)
The Mayores Center offers Banquet and Meeting Rooms for groups 10 to 200. To inquire about rental information for the facility, please contact Tonda Wiles Koszycki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.242.1144
The Mayores Center has been responding to the culturally sensitive needs of Toledo’s historic South End residents and providing quality services and activities in the area for over 25 years. The Mayores Center supports our seniors’ independence, enhancing dignity and helping ensure that they stay involved in their community.