All NHA services are available to NHA patients regardles of where they receive their care. No one is turned away from care, regardless of their ability to pay.
Services offered at South Side Community Health Center
- Adult primary care
- Laboratory services at Cordelia Martin
- HIV testing and counseling
- Immunizations (tetanus)
- Flu shots
- Free blood sugar checks
- Diabetes education classes and management
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free pregnancy tests
- Family planning
- Mental Health
- Sports physicals
- Employment physicals
- 24-hour nurse triage
- Prescription assistance and referral assistance through our social services department
- Pharmacy at Nexus Health Care (for NHA patients only)
- Over-the-counter medications at Nexus Health Care
- Specialty Care (podiatry) at Cordelia Martin and Nexus, (cardiology) at Nexus
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program
The South Side Community Health Center merged with Neighborhood Health Association in 1996, creating the largest community health center system in northwest Ohio. Along with her sister site River East Community Health Center, South Side was part of the original Guadalupe Family Health Center mission to serve Latinos in east and south Toledo.
Services are provided by a professional staff of doctors and nurses and medical assistants. The health center is open five days a week.