NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
EVERY DOCTOR’S APPOINTMENT
Patients should bring the following information and documents to each doctor’s appointment:
- All Prescription medication bottles
- Please make sure to tell your nurse or doctor if you need a prescription re-fill or any problems with drug interaction
- A list of all over the counter medication taken
- A list of any allergies
- Questions for the doctor to answer while at your visit
- Health Insurance Card or Cash to pay for your visit
- Any paperwork that the doctor needs to complete on your behalf
All requests for paperwork will take 7-14 working days to complete
Your First NHA Appointment
- Arrive EARLY to complete new patient paperwork
- Bring $20 for your minimum payment if you do not have insurance
- Bring your health insurance card
- To qualify for the Sliding Fee Scale benefit bring two recent paychecks
- If you are not working, visit Lucas County Jobs and Family Services to receive documentation showing you are not receiving any benefits
Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility is renewed each April 1. Patients who are Self Pay are to bring new documentation of eligibility to participate in the Sliding Fee Scale program.
NHA accepts a number of financial arrangements for medical services, including Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance plans, as well as a Sliding Fee Scale for Self Pay patients (which incorporate a patient's family size and income for eligibility).
Find the NHA community health center nearest you, or call 419.720.7883 for more information.