NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
Services offered at South Side Community Health Center
- Adult primary care
- Laboratory services at Cordelia Martin
- HIV testing and counseling
- Immunizations (tetanus)
- Flu shots
- Free blood sugar checks
- Diabetes education classes and management
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free pregnancy tests
- Family planning
- Sports physicals
- Employment physicals
- 24-hour nurse triage
- Prescription assistance and referral assistance through our social services department
- Pharmacy at Cordelia Martin (for NHA patients only)
- Over-the-counter medications at Cordelia Martin Pharmacy
- Specialty Care (cardiology, podiatry, general surgery) at Cordelia Martin
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program
The South Side Community Health Center merged with Neighborhood Health Association in 1996, creating the largest community health center system in northwest Ohio. Along with her sister site River East Community Health Center, South Side was part of the original Guadalupe Family Health Center mission to serve Latinos in east and south Toledo.
Services are provided by a professional staff of doctors and nurses and medical assistants. The health center is open five days a week.