NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
Complete health doesn’t start and stop at the body. In addition to taking care of patients’ medical concerns, Neighborhood Health Association is committed to nurturing our community members’ financial wellness and mental health as well.
Opened in January 2017, the new Nourish Café, inside NHA’s Nexus Health Care facility, primarily serves as a job and skill training venue for NHA patients and community members having difficulty keeping steady employment. Nourish Café, with assistance from community partners, offers onsite job training for patients to learn customer service skills, basic cashier and budgeting tasks, meal preparation and cooking tips, and cleaning duties. By the end of the training session, participants should be equipped to hold most entry-level positions; have a clear understanding of workplace dos and don’ts; and financially care for themselves and their families.
In addition to being a necessary job training site in the Toledo community, the café offers a comfortable, inviting space for patients and their families, visitors, employees and community members to nourish their bodies and minds.
Located inside NHA’s new Nexus Health Care facility at 1415 Jefferson Ave., Nourish Café offers:
- Job training for individuals to learn basic customer service, cashiering and budgeting, cooking, and cleaning skills.
- Budget-friendly breakfast and lunch items served from 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Fair Trade coffee from Maumee-based Georgettes Grounds & Gifts.
- A cooking and learning station for chef demonstrations.
- Calorie counting cards for people keeping track of their caloric intake.
- Punch cards and rewards for repeat customers.
- Free wifi service.
- Comfortable coffee shop/café environment and seating.
- Ample parking in the Nexus parking lot on 14th Street, across the street from the facility.
Please visit our Facebook page for weekly updates on Nourish Café, including specials and more.