AT NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH ASSOCIATION
At Neighborhood Health Association Primary Care can be received at all of our community health centers.
• Routine Check Ups/Wellness Exams
• Chronic Disease Management
• High Blood Pressure Treatment & Management
• Diabetes Treatment & Management
• Physicals for work, sports, and school
• Immunizations (Tetanus and Flu)
• Diagnostic Lab Services
• Diabetes Education Classes at Cordelia Martin
NHA has a dedicated professional medical staff that is skilled and experienced physicians, nurses and other medical professionals who are committed to providing high quality, confidential, compassionate care for the entire family.
Our community health centers may make a same day appointment for existing patients and schedule an appointment for new patients just by calling the appointment line for the center nearest you. Additional hours on the first and third Saturday at the Cordelia Martin Health Center accommodate those who can not be seen during the week.
In addition, NHA community health centers accept most insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Health care assistance on a sliding fee scale is available for those who are underinsured or uninsured.
In addition to clinical services, patients have access to a additional services at Neighborhood Health Association.
• Social Services
• NHA Pharmacy
• Translation Services
• Prescription Assistance Program
• Sickle Cell Resources
• Perinatal Outreach and Case Management
• WIC nutrition program for pregnant women and children
• For additional programs and services, please inquire with your medical care team at the time of your visit
EVERY DOCTOR’S APPOINTMENT
Patients should bring the following information and documents to each doctor’s appointment:
1. All Prescription medication bottles
Please make sure to tell your nurse or doctor if you need a prescription re-fill or any problems with drug interaction
2. A list of all over the counter medication taken
3. A list of any allergies
4. Questions for the doctor to answer while at your visit
5. Health Insurance Card or Cash to pay for your visit
6. Any paperwork that the doctor needs to complete on your behalf
All requests for paperwork will take 7-14 working days to complete
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
• Arrive EARLY to complete new patient paperwork
• Bring $20.00 for your minimum payment if you do not have insurance
• Bring your health insurance card
• To qualify for the Sliding Fee Scale benefit bring two recent paychecks.
• If you are not working, visit Lucas County Jobs and Family Services to receive documentation showing you are not receiving any benefits.
Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility is renewed each April 1st. Patients who are Self Pay are to bring new documentation of eligibility to participate in the Sliding Fee Scale program.
NHA accepts the following financial arrangements for medical services including Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance plans and a Sliding Fee Scale for Self Pay patients (which incorporate a patient's family size and income for eligibility).
Click here for more information on the Sliding Fee Scale